Monday 12 October 2015

Final Copy Of College/Sixth Form Magazine



I had not made many major changes to my front cover but was given criticism by Dima and Ollie to make the text a lot larger and to change the colours and font. The previous picture I used was also used by another student so I had to remove it start again with a different one. The colour scheme I went with in the masthead was blue and purple; I believed this would appeal to a male and female audience. There was a 'splat' that I placed near the masthead, the shadow makes it stand out from the background more and this I believe this is effective because it says that there will be a 'Free Revision CD Inside' which will capture the attention of students as it is relevant to studying and school. 
The issue number and the selling line are much smaller than the masthead as they are not as important, I included a range of pictures of the students outside of the school to fill in the gap on the left side of the magazine and to add more variety with the pictures I used. I had blurred out the background so the audience would pay more attention to the student rather than what is behind him; this makes sure the audience sees him first and could relate to him. The colours and fonts I used on the cover lines and main cover line helps it stand out from the background, I didn't want the colour scheme to be too simple as I thought it would have made my cover look bland. 

1 comment:

  1. Where's the journey to the cover? The research into similar products, the deconstructions the informed decision making? Why this photo and not the others? How does it hook your audience? You are ticking a few minimal boxes not enough though!

    ReplyDelete