Monday 14 March 2016

Q7 (BLOG) - Magazine Evaluation

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

In my front cover I didn't have any sort of planning for my pictures, no planning made it much harder to get the pictures done quicker and they hadn't come out as I hoped. I learnt that careful planning into my photoshoot meant that I could spend less time working on it without the worry that it may not come out as I wanted it to. This gave me more time to spend on the rest of my magazine and further improve it. My skills on photoshop also improved a lot during this time from my preliminary task to my final product as I took time to look at tutorials, I did this to ensure I knew what I was doing once I got to the final task. In my preliminary I also made a mistake in using too many different colours, this made the front cover look messy and confusing to the audience and I used this knowledge in my full product to use minimal colours that fit the genre of rock. Before starting my final product, I had a look at my preliminary task and came to the conclusion that I frequently used the same fonts on my cover, this made it look rather boring and wouldn't really interest the audience, as a result of this I used a variety of fonts to make it look more interesting and fit the genre better. Overall, I saw that I needed to put a lot more effort in the little details of my front cover and I improved many things including the title, here I added an electric guitar to substitute for the letter 'A' to make it more creative. I added the same ideas to my contents page and double page spread as I had not done these before. This time round I had carefully planned out what my title would be and what pictures I would use and where everything on the page would be placed, this was beneficial as it was less stressful and time consuming like it was on the preliminary; I didn't plan in great detail for this task when I should have.

Over the space of time from the preliminary to the full product, my photoshop skills have improved as well as my planning, time management and camera skills. I learnt how to create my own magazine from scratch using my own resources and made it look professional and how a real music magazine should look. I have also picked up various skills and knowledge about terminology such as convergent links which will hopefully help me in the future in this lesson. Finally, I found out many ways in how to address my audience and fit the magazine to appeal to this particular audience.

Preliminary task:


Full & final products:






2 comments:

  1. Jake, it's a pity that you have simply written a post for this question after all the other promising work. I have now changed your mark to 12/20 as a result. Pity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, it's a pity that you have simply written a post for this question after all the other promising work. I have now changed your mark to 12/20 as a result. Pity

    ReplyDelete